What are the best places to do homework? Many students come up with that question when being overwhelmed with tons of assignments and tasks. It’s no wonder while the study is not only parties, campus life, and fun but also tons of stress and sleepless nights.
If you do not live alone, finding good places to study and do homework is not easy. At home, it might be pretty noisy, especially if you have siblings or pets. On-campus, they disturb you even more. It might be a paradox, but for students, staying focused appears quite difficult at times.
If you are one of those who struggle with staying concentrated on their homework, do not despair. There are perfect places for you, and the following guide will tell you where to find them.
The Best Places to Do Homework
Don’t worry if everything disturbs you and distracts your attention at the moment when you need to stay focused so much. There is no problem finding a great and peaceful place for you to work on your homework. Very often, these places are very close, and you do not need to make a long way to them.
You can even find many quiet places with free Wi-Fi. Such places are almost everywhere; you just need to look attentively. If there is no Wi-Fi, just use your tablet or smartphone for the Internet connection. Below, you will find the most helpful places for doing your homework successfully:
- Libraries. It can be any you can find — a public library or the one on your campus. These places are actually perfect for anyone who needs some silence and staying alone for at least an hour. Moreover, they are free and the quietest public places.
- Parks. We bet you have seen people reading or working on their laptops on the park benches. Why not? You do not even have to use the bench for it. Just get a blanket with you and sit right on the grass if it’s warm enough outside. Pick the quietest place in the park for that purpose. Make sure to opt for a park far from city roads; otherwise, the noise of the cars will also disturb you a lot.
- Classrooms. No, not the one full of other students. Find an empty classroom; there are plenty of them in your school. No one will ask you out — use it as long as you need and enjoy free Wi-Fi.
- Tall buildings. Getting to the tops of the tallest buildings will save you from the city noise. Just be careful when doing it. Be sure no one will find and distract you there.
- Coffee shops. That place is great for coffee lovers. The benefit is it has free Wi-Fi, and the drawback is you will have to order something from time to time.
- Bookstores. Yes, if you have never thought of learning something at the bookstore, think of it right now. These places are one of the quietest and have plenty of books around that can be very helpful if necessary.
Some Jobs Where You Can Do Homework
This is probably even a bigger surprise for you — you can do homework while working! Lots of students have jobs. These can be part-time or night jobs. Of course, working and studying at the same time is a bit tough, but some jobs allow you to spend an hour or even more on your own.
It can be more difficult to study during the day, but picking one of the greatest night jobs for students would be quite wise if your schedule allows. You can work as a:
- Computer lab/radio monitor;
- Desk assistant at the dorm;
- Campus library assistant;
- The receptionist at the hotel for night shifts;
- Security anywhere in a quiet place;
- Gas station night worker.
Such jobs allow you to study and give a chance to learn some new skills that might be very helpful in the future. You will also earn some extra money, and that is great. Avoid working too much, though, if it affects your study, not the best way.
The above-listed jobs are not very stressful and do not suppose any tough schedule, so trying yourself in one of such positions would allow you to spend a couple of hours studying in a very quiet place. Ask your friends or relatives for some jobs where you can do homework; maybe there are some good open part-time positions during the day.
Why Is It Important to Study in a Quiet Place?
If you do not know how to do homework because of the constant stress and noise, you should look for some good options. Homework is an essential part of your school life, and it requires enough attention and effort. Needless to say, it is a pretty time-consuming process.
Some students can easily work in terms of stress, and they are not disturbed by different noises. However, there is just a small percentage of such people on Earth, and even they need some rest and peace from time to time. All the rest need enough space and silence when doing something important.
Constant obstacles on our way are very irritating, and they do not have good effects on the result of our studies. Finding good and silent places for your homework is a must, and it has a range of benefits:
- The level of stress is reduced a lot. You do not lose your concentration anymore. Thus, you produce much better results.
- Saves your time. Since you are far from all the destructive factors, you are focused on one task and complete it much faster. As a result, you have more time for yourself.
- You avoid house chores. No matter how busy you are, when you study at home, your parents ask you to do something all the time. When escaping from home, you don’t have to do all that, and they have no reason to ask you and distract you from your main task.
- You study as long as you wish. In some places, you are not limited with time, so stay focused on the most important assignments for as long as necessary. No one will bother you.
- You are not bored. Nothing inspires as much as the change of a place. Sitting in your room might be tiresome. Once you change the surroundings, you are full of energy and inspiration, especially if you are surrounded by nature.
These are just some of the benefits of escaping from your room and studying somewhere else. If even this doesn’t help and you still struggle with your homework, think about getting some professional help.